I’ve always said that I’m not a “crafty” person. I look at stuff on Pinterest and think, “Man, how cool is that?” But I can never seem to do any of those amazing projects myself. I don’t know if I’m too much of a perfectionist (yeah, that’s it) but it definitely gets in the way of my creative juices flowing.
But I notice when I immerse myself in a creative project, I feel happier. Whether it’s just painting with my kids or trying to design my dream office (check out my Pinterest board!), I smile more. I know a lot of you are into crocheting or scrapbooking or crafts, but don’t get enough time to do it as much as you’d like.
So this is the day #5 challenge (just in time for the weekend!):
Get creative! Complete one small project that is purely for fun. Some ideas:
- Pick up some cheap frames and create a wall display of your favorite family pictures. (I bet you’ll smile every time you see them hanging up.)
- Steal a few of your kids colored pencils and sketch (if you’re artistically inclined).
- Browse the aisles at a craft store and see what moves you.
- Make up a new dessert (peppermint mocha brownies, anyone?)
- Go through your slimmed down wardrobe and play stylist.